Keep These Words

Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise. Deuteronomy 6:6-7

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Children in Worship

I haven't done scientific study, or even run the numbers, but just looking out at the congregation on any given Sunday morning, I think it's fair to say that the average age of folks in worship has been trending downward. I don't have any solid reasons as to why that is, though I suspect having had a pregnant pastor in recent memory doesn't hurt in that department.
I love that we have so many young (and young at heart) people in worship. I know there are plenty of congregations in which the expectation would be that the littlest ones all go to the nursery and the elementary-school aged children would head either to Sunday School or "Children's Church." I am thankful that the habit/culture of CtK is for as many children as possible to stay in worship as much as possible. (Yes, the screaming tantrums might necessitate a brief departure, but I am grateful the default position is "Everyone in worship.")
Here's a great blog post from another mom, on keeping kids in worship: Dear Parents With Young Children.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment